Sample project: Notification
The purpose of this example is to show you how to use the Notification component to warn a user when a certain event occurs.
Preparing and loading the project in EVE Manager:
- unzip the file;
- open EVE Manager, go to the top left, File – Open – press “Ok” on the message that appears and select the file just decompressed;
- Start the virtual machine or the Raspberry or power on the X1 server;
- Download and Install the Logic by following this guide.
The “Motion Sensor” switch will simulate a motion detector, and the Info “Timer” component is set with the “Today date / time” tag and will show the date and time of day.
- Our goal is to make appear a warn notification just as soon as the motion sensor detects a presence inside the kitchen;
- As a trigger component we set the Motion Sensor and as a send action we set its ignition;
- As user to whom we send the notification we have set the admin;
- As the first and only information we set the “Timer” Info component;
- In the content section set the warn message and add the number of the information that is set by (#1) as shown in the picture.
Once the project has been uploaded into the server, by clicking on the top of the EVE Manager on “Project” menu – Upload to server, here enter the IP address of your Ilevia server and then fill up the credential text field with the following onces: as User use “admin” user and as Password “password”.
EVE Remote login credentials
user: admin password: password
In this interface as soon as we turn on the motion sensor, we will receive a notification with the warning message and the time in which occurred.
Click the link below to download the Notification sample project and try it your self.