Component which allows to control any device with UPnP protocol.
- The user wants to connect the upnp devices to the X1 server to be able to use change songs or control Upnp multimidia devices.
GETTING STARTED (video):
STEP BY STEP GUIDE:
In order to automatically configure your UPnP playback device, please follow these steps:
1. Connect to the logic by selecting the top menu “Project”;
2. Select “Connect” and then enter the IP address of the server;
3. Select the top menu “Tools”, then “Setup UPnP” so the Wizard window will open;
4. Click on “Get Devices” to enable the drop-down menu with all UPnP playback devices present in the network;
5. Select the device that you want to add and then click on “Create components”.
This component’s sample is made by using Graphic UI gateway.
Please refer to “Gateways / Protocols” guide in order to get further info.
Reminder before continuing:
- Download and Install EVE Logic plugin to enable plugins (link);
- After loading .eve project to the server, run EVE Remote app, log in and then wait a couple of minutes for logics activation.
USING KODI UPnP AS A MEDIA SERVER
If you’ve got a lot of movies, TV shows, and other videos on your computer’s hard drive, the Kodi media player is a great way to play them. But what if you don’t want to watch them on your PC? What if you’d rather see them on your television or mobile phone?
This where Kodi’s UPnP features come in. Setting your PC up as a Kodi UPnP server can give your entire home network access to the movies contained within it.
We recommend following this guide in order to get the best from Kodi.
SONOS | WIRELESS SPEAKER & HOME SOUND SYSTEM
The Sonos Wireless HiFi System plays all the music you want, all over your house, from the bedroom to the backyard, and lets you control it all from the palm of your hand. Sonos gives you instant access to millions of songs and stations including dozens of online music services, thousands of free Internet radio stations, and music libraries stored on a
computer or in the cloud.
Using the procedure shown at the top of the page it is possible to quickly integrate a SONOS device inside EVE Manager, this allows you to control all the devices allocated inside your home from remote using our App Eve Remote Plus.
UPnP PROTOCOL INSIDE THE EVE SYSTEM
CLASSIC VIEW MODE
These are the UPnP server on the network from where you can select files to be played.
Clicking this icon allows you to enter in the selection mode for the playback devices.
This feature shows the UPnP playback devices.
This is the view of the main functions to control the reproduction of the main UPnP player.
MAP VIEW MODE
MAP VIEW MODE
Here is the visual result of the component on EVE Remote Plus (Map Style).
The functionality is the same described on the Classic Style section.
Icons can be customized depending on your necessities from symbol to color and dimension.
In this case, we can see the default icon layout:
Media controller -> Media controller icon
Default icon (customizable icon)