The creation of a “Map” interface is designed to run on a 2 levels:
- Primary menu (left area): only icons (from Icons tab). This is the primary bar, the main menu of the user interface;
- Secondary menu (top area): only icons (from Icons tab). This is the secondary bar that looks like the excel sheets bar.
The creation of the Map interface provides a pyramid structure: to each selected object of a more higher level correspond a specific understructure. To each icon of the primary menu corresponds a secondary menu. To each icon of the secondary menu corresponds a sheet (canvas area) where to arrange your components.
In order to resize the interface area please refer to the interface settings of the “User management” guide.
Below it is possible to see the visual result of what we have just created. As we said, primary and secondary menu allow to categorize. Instead, the canvas area is dedicated to the components control, each one with its own defined command icon. In order to get an idea of the visual result of each component please refer to the dedicated component’s guide starting from “Components library” guide.
The creation of a Map interface can be very meticolous because no choice is left to chance and customization is possible at 100% as regards the choice of the icon, the color and the text of each object. This to benefit a unique interaction with images, icons, text data and the user interface in general.
Here is a list of all the features you are allowed to customize:
- Interface dimensions: please refer to to the interface settings of the “User management” guide;
- Background image: please refer to to the interface settings of the “User management” guide;
- Bars position and color: please refer to to the interface settings of the “User management” guide;
- Sheet background and color: it is possible to set a different background and color for each new sheet;
- Icons and titles: please refer to the interface object editor of the “Icon editor” guide;
- Customized icon set: please refer to the “New icon set” guide;
- Component’s icon and titles: please refer to to the interface object editor of the “Icon editor” guide.
Note. When considering components, any change made on the Interface tab will not be considered on the Component’s tab. Vice versa, if you edit components’ icon and icon’s color from the Component’s parameters area of the Component’s tab, the change will automatically be considered on your user interface.
First of all let’s see how to add secondary menus:
Click the “+” tab in order to add a new secondary menu for the specific selected icon of your primary menu. In order to edit title and icon of the sheet just click the setting icon on top right of the tab’s corner. You are allowed to create as many secondary menus as your project requires.
You can easily move a sheet before or after another just dragging it.
As said, you are allowed to set a different background and color for each new sheet.
Below the canvas area of any new sheet you are allowed to manage few other options:
- Background: it allows to select a specific image for the selected sheet (pay attention to the dimensions);
- Visible: check box that defines if the set image has to be visualized or not on the interface;
- Color: it allows to select a specific color for the selected sheet (it will cover the system background image);
- Trasparent: check box that defines if the set color has to be visualized or not on the interface;
- Gesutre: This checkbox enable or disable the opportunity to zoom in/out or drag the image pannel though its surface;
- Grid: pixel value of your interface grid. It allows a better array of the components on the sheet;
- Enable / Disable: check box that defines if the grid function is activated or deactivated.
There are many other functions available on Map interface creation. These functions are listed on the context menu.